There are many member benefits:
- Through GCC joint programs, member organizations in different communities avoid recreating the wheel.
- GCC organizes training, creates branded materials, etc, while members do local delivery of common programming.
- Examples of successful joint programs include RAIN, Well Aware, EcoDriver, and Home Energy Solutions.
- The GCC Allmanagers list-serve is where senior managers from member groups come to ask for advice and share resources.
- Recent topics discussed include:
- Insurance and employee benefits plans – where to get the best deals
- Volunteer waivers
- Bookkeeping – what’s the best software, and how much time should it take
Getting the latest news that’s important to you
- We send out monthly listings to our members of Foundations and Corporate funders with deadlines coming up
- Our Inside Green Communities monthly newsletter shares the latest developments at our member organizations across the country – including programs funded, awards received, etc.
Mutual support from a group of like-minded colleagues
- GCC’s annual member-only conference is an inspirational gathering where you can benefit from the knowledge and innovation of colleagues doing work just like yours in communities across the country
Courses and Webinars tailored to your needs
- Using our in-house webinar platform, GCC regularly organizes sessions for our members.
- Recent capacity-building topics have included:
- Staying Strong : Social Enterprise for Environmental Non-profits – a five session course
- Personal Fundraising Series:
- The Future of Environmental Grantmaking in Canada
- Taking compelling photographs
- Facebook and Twitter – how to make them work for you
- Recent program-related topics have included:
- RAIN Stormwater management – webinar series
- Depave Paradise – how to organize a community depave event
- Community-wide energy retrofits – case examples from the U.S. and the U.K.
- Receive discounted rates on IT and tech support services from our in-house experts, including, web conferencing, website development, trouble shooting, and more.
- Get access to valuable advice and support from Green Communities Canada staff
- Leverage your affiliation with GCC in funding proposals
- Speak with a common voice on important environmental issues
Who can join?
Your group may be eligible if you:
- are a non-profit organization
- deliver a variety of environmental programs that generate positive change
- serve a defined geographic territory (e.g. a municipality or county)
- have your own board of directors (i.e. you are not a project of another group)
- have paid staff.
What is the cost?
- Full membership (with voting rights) $500 annually
How can I find out more?
- Our GCC Membership Policy includes further details.
- See Membership Application Form.
- See How to Grow a Green Community.
- Contact us to find out more.