Helping Canadians to…
…use less energy
Local initiatives to help reduce energy use include:
- professional energy audits for homes and businesses
- demonstration houses featuring the latest technology
- home energy retrofits for low income households
- community workshops on best energy practices
…use green energy
Renewable energy initiatives that our members offer include:
- Solar assessments for home and businesses
- Sales and installation of solar systems for homes and businesses
- Coordination and management of wind generator projects
Green Communities Canada member organizations offer a variety of energy programs to their communities. To learn more about each Green Community member’s activities, visit their web sites.
In Ontario, Green Communities member organizations deliver home energy audits and related services under the Home Energy Solutions banner.
Affordable Energy Canada is a national initiative spearheaded by Green Communities Canada to foster creative new approaches to solving energy poverty.