GREEN COMMUNITIES help build a healthy environment by encouraging natural yard and garden care and sustainable land use.
The greenspace programs offered by Green Community member organizations are detailed on their local web sites. They include:
- Pesticide Free Naturally, a guide to eliminating cosmetic use of harmful pesticides in yards and gardens
- demonstration and display gardens
- promotion of native plants and low-water gardening (xeriscaping)
- urban forest inventories, protection, and planting
- schoolyard naturalization